Opportunities To Communication
As parents and child care providers, you can create opportunities to communicate with your children and be involved in their daily lives by:
- Reading to or with child, asking questions about the story or how they would handle a specific situation in the story.
- Being involved at school by attending important events such as parent/teacher conferences, volunteer or helping with school projects.
- Asking open-ended questions about daily activities so child can respond.
- Having family night, outings and trips.
- Making time to play with child.
- Eating meals together and allowing each family member a chance to talk about their day.
To Learn More
Book For Children
What makes Me Happy? By Catherine & Laurence Anholt
Book For Adults
Becoming The Parent You Want To Be By Laura Davis & Janis Keyser