Higher Learning Academy (HLA)
- High Spirited
- Learning to be leaders
- Aspiring students to become higher achievers
The vision of Higher Learning Academy(HLA) is to instill spiritual, education, emotional, psychological, and physical confidence into each child through an academic environment that teaches, promotes and provides creativity, unity, respect and understanding of it all.
- To teach children through the love shown to them as the way to live happily and peacefully with others
- To enhance and enliven each other by telling and retelling stories, thus empowering both children and adults together
- To accept each child as he/she is and to encourage him/her to pursue his/her own interests, thus fostering attitudes of self-respect, independence, cooperation, friendliness, and love of country and community
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
We provide a warm, caring, relaxed, safe and loving environment where children can develop to their fullest potential in all areas of growth and development: Physical, emotional, social, cognitive, creative, and spiritual.
History of the early childhood program at Higher Learning Academy
Higher Learning Academy was conceived in the year of 2004. The Board of Directors devised a plan to offer not just another preschool or daycare but a Learning Academy: a preschool where each of its senior teachers would possess degrees in the area of Child Development.
With this goal in mind, we have put together an academic program that will meet the totality of each of the children entrusted in Higher Learning Academy’s program.
HLA teachers are professionals and serve as positive role models and provide care that is supportive, nurturing, warm and responsive to the needs of every individual child. Our teachers show love through their words and actions, working together as a team. All teachers have completed a federal background clearance and received CPR and First Aid training biannually.
beautiful, delicate and unique
we nourish them so they
can bloom and show
their brilliance of color.
Higher Learning Academy teaches age -appropriate development in such a way that each child can obtain his/her own individual goals
- Language: Repetition of words and phrases, name recognition, stories, colors, music, letters and more.
- Gross Motor Skills: Coordination through play and activities.
- Math: Blocks, Patterns, Sorting, Numbers and Shapes and much more.
- Art & Craft: Play dough, Painting and other creative arts.
- Science & Nature: Observing nature, Animals, Planting seeds and the development of natural curiosity of living things.
- Dramatic Play: Imaginative play, Home life experiences and more.
- Music And Movement: Singing, Dancing, Rhythms, Vocabulary and speech development.